The UAE Federal Tax Authority (FTA) has announced that Value Added Tax (VAT) will be implemented in the country from January 1, 2018, at a rate of 5%. businesses must register for FTA VAT Registration if their taxable supplies and imports exceed the mandatory registration threshold of AED 375,000.
Businesses can register for VAT online through the FTA website. The registration process is simple and straightforward, and can be completed in a few steps. This guide provides a detailed overview of the online Dubai VAT Registration process in the UAE.
Who is Eligible for FTA VAT Registration in the UAE?
Businesses with taxable supplies and imports exceeding the mandatory registration threshold of AED 375,000 are required to register for VAT. Voluntary registration is also allowed for businesses whose supplies and imports are below the mandatory registration threshold.
What are the required documents for VAT registration in the UAE?
The following documents are required for FTA VAT Registration in the UAE:
– Trade License
– Emirates ID
– Passport copy of the business owner
– Memorandum and Articles of Association (MAA)
– Certificate of Incorporation
– Bank statement or utility bill (for proof of address)
How to register for VAT in the UAE?
Businesses can register for VAT online through the FTA website. The registration process is simple and straightforward, and can be completed in a few steps.
Follow the steps below to register your business for VAT in the UAE:
1. Log in to the FTA website using your Emirates ID.
2. Select ‘VAT Registration’ from the list of services.
3. Enter your company details, including trade name, activity type, and contact information.
4. Upload the required documents.
5. Submit the application and pay the registration fee.
6. Once the registration is complete, you will receive a VAT registration certificate.
The VAT registration certificate must be displayed at the business premises. Businesses that fail to register for VAT or display their VAT registration certificate may be subject to penalties.